[PD] still a newbie after all these years

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 16 19:08:48 CEST 2001

Hi again Nicola,

Yes, this is done by using "$" substitution, as in "table $1-tab1 1000".
If you say that in an abstraction, the "$1" gets substituted by the creation
argumetn of the abstraction.

"$0" gives you a unique number in case you don't want to have to specify it at
all, so "$0-bazoo" type names work as if they were in a local namespace.

The substitution only works if "$" is the first character of the symbol; i.e.,
"hi-$1-there" doesn't get expanded.