[PD] speaking of anything,

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Jun 20 19:24:25 CEST 2001

Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> opinions may vary, but it now seems to me that either one should be
> able to write "t a" in an object box or, if this has to be "t l",

yes, yes, yes, please miller, please !

> than there should be a prepend object built into Pd so that one
> could always prepend the list selector to any message... (the prepend
> object would also be quite handy in many other respects).
>
> Any comments?
> /Krzysztof

in the zexy external (the newest version of which, by the way, i have
uploaded just know) provides:
"any2list" (or "a2l"): convert "anythings" to "lists"
"glue": glue together two "things"; but it only eats lists (especially
on the right inlet, since it seems quite tricky to me, to make other
inlets than the first eat anythings), so this won't really help...

but of course, i would prefer a "t a a b l" too (and personally i do not
mind how this is handled in max (btw i think it is "casted" to list
there) since i am using pd and not max)

mfg.cxa.asg
IOhannes