Problems running pd with Red Hat.

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 18:55:49 CEST 2001

Thanks for the help guys, I tried download again and
running the instructions that Guenter gave me, that
sorted it all out, easy when u know how! I never
ran the './configure' command before I tried to 'make'
the compilation so I guess that was the problem form
the start. So with pd running I tried to get gem to
run however when I run the 'install.sh' file from
the gem directory it says that it cannot create the
directories, here what is displayed,

[root at localhost gem]# ls
GEM.LICENSE.TERMS  GEM_INSTALL.sh  GnuGPL.LICENSE
examples
GEM.README         Gem.pd_irix5    doc
help
[root at localhost gem]# ./GEM_INSTALL.sh
Installing GEM...
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_advanced':
No such file or directory mkdir:
cannot create directory `../doc/gem_basic': No such
file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_io': No
such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_lighting':
No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_particle':
No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_pix': No
such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem_texture':
No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem.manual': No
such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `../doc/gem.reference':
No such file or directory
Copying examples...
cp: copying multiple files, but last argument
(../doc/gem_advanced)
is not a directory
Try `cp --help' for more information.....etc..

I'm sure that it is something simple but as an
iliterate linux user I'm stumped! Thanks again for the
help regarding pd and hopefully I will get this sorted
out soon aswell!

Cheers,
Rory.