[PD] Plotting points on screen with gem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Jul 11 10:24:47 CEST 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Rory Walsh wrote:

> To Mark Danks,
sorry, not me

> Thank you very much.this makes perfect sense and it
> works to a point but I'm not sure how to create the
> single buffer u mentioned ,
> perhaps with a little more time i while.
> i really want to make a trail of points.

just give the gemwin a "buffer 1" message.
you might want to have a look at the "gemPixDataSimple.pd" and
gemPixDataComplex" helpfiles in gem/examples/gem_pix

btw: mark/günter:: there is still this dubious problem with
casse-sensitivity with all those picture-files
"fractal.JPG" instead of "fractal.jpg"
"dancer.JPG" instead of "dancer.jpg"

> Am I correct in assuming that if i want to plot points
>
> as small as one tenths I simply make a square of side
> .01.
> this seems to be the smallest dimension visible.

0.01 certainly is one percent, 0.1 is one tenth

a size of "4" (given to geos, for example a "square" object) will
completely fill the vertical side gem-window. thus is you create a 600x400
gem-window, a square sized "1" will be 100x100 pixels.
then, and only then, a size of 0.01 will be 1 pixel
(if your window is 512x512 (default), 1 pixel will equal to a geo-size of
0.0078125)

mfg.cds.sddt
IOhannes