[PD] GrIPD: A new front-end GUI builder for PD

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu
Fri Jul 13 17:29:38 CEST 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Rory Walsh wrote:

> I just downloaded all the files needed and I have
> installed them al, however when I run pd and create
> the  patch that opens the 'gui' nothing happens, in
> the main pd wndow it says
>
> GriPD:Using Port 3490
> GriPD:Waiting for a connection...

It sounds like gripd.py isn't being launched.  Make sure "set_path" and
"set_python_path" are correct.  If you're sure those are right I would try
launching gripd.py manually and then connecting to PD.

> when I hit the open filename message again it says
> this,
> GriPD:Bind Error: No error
> GriPD:Attempting to re-bind
> THis message keeps repeating itself over and over
> again? Any ideas?

You can stop the repeating by sending the gripd PD object a "disconnect"
message.  I'll fix this in the next version.

--