[PD] saving arrays

Greg Rippin gmr222 at nyu.edu
Wed Jul 18 04:46:58 CEST 2001

A restatement of a previous question, with some added clarification:

Attached are two files, "arraytest.pd" and "arraytesttwo.pd".
"arraytest" contains a small array, called "test".  "arraytesttwo"
contains a copy of the abstraction "arraytest" and a tabwrite object to
modify the array "test" that exists inside of "arraytest."  My question
is: having modified the array "test," how can I save the modified array
without a) writing it's contents to a text file, or b) manually opening
up and saving "arraytest" ?

Since (I believe) an array is saved when the patch that contains it is
saved, a more direct question is: is there a way to save the contents of
a sub-patch without actually opening up the sub-patch and telling it to
save?

I checked the pd list archive and the pd documentation but couldn't find
answers to these questions, so any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
NYU