[PD] rme hammerfall

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Jul 23 14:35:10 CEST 2001

Tom Schouten wrote:

> hi all,
>
> forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to get an RME hammerfall card
> working in pd with 8 inputs and outputs on a 2.4.5 kernel? everything i
> tried gives only 2 tracks.
>
> i have it working nicely in pd for a long time using 2.2 but i need to
> upgrade to 2.4 to get my matrox g450's 3D stuff working...

download günter's rme-driver from
ftp://ftp.xdv.org/gige/rme
unpack it.
recompile it (since it is only compiled for 2.4.2; you should have the
sources of your kernel
in /usr/src/linux )
"make install" (which will copy the driver-file rme96xx.o into your
/lib/modules/kernel/misc) and install the drivers (pe via "modconf")

no start pd (>=0.33) without alsa and without (!) rme support, but with
"-inchannels 8 -outchannels 8).
et voila !

mfg.cds.gra
IOhannes