[PD] mac ?explain?

delire delire at selectparks.net
Thu Jul 26 16:43:05 CEST 2001

i don't mean to be a snag here -  but could someone explain the quest to
port PD to the MacOS? especially with such an established community of
MaxMSP users - is it the evil twin syndrome or...
for me the great benefit of PD is that under LINUX it is provides all the
benefits of MaxMSP without being bound to the tides of the economically
inflated Mac platform.

Is it that you have an unnegotiably strong affinity with both MacOS and PD,
in that you would like to see them conjoined?
eg: what are the advantages other than the noble cause of the open software
movement - i mean, considering the history of MaxMSP and PD, a port is a
pretty ironic don't you think?
i guess i can appreciate a port in that context ; )

de|

_ / a -> b, b ->c, a -> d, d -> c ...and so on...\ _