[PD] PD reading data from textfiles

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 31 10:02:43 CEST 2001

Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Hi Rory,
>
> Two solutions.  First you could read it into an "array" object and
> sequence it;  or else, if the text file gets more complicated than just
> a list of numbers, the "textfile" object will probably do what you need.

Is the textfile object supposed to automatically send messages, that are in
a textfile?

I have used a textfile to store some settings of a synth patch like:
p-index1 0.5;
p-index2 1;
[...]

When I tried to read this with [textfile] I could not get the values in my
[read p-index#] objects. I then used qlist instead.

bye,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______