[PD] Announce: pdx7 - fm synthesizer for pure data

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Aug 1 12:20:40 CEST 2001

PDX7

is a realisation of 6-Operator FM synthesis modelled loosly after the
famous Yamaha DX7. It is *not* a DX7 emulation, just an exploration of
FM synthesis in PD. It doesn't even sound like a DX7. ;-(

Even if you are not interested in FM synthesis, pdx7 might be
interesting. It includes some useful abstractions like 4-segment
envelopes [altough they need more work], a silly step sequencer
and a configurable PC-keyboard-to-MIDI-values-translator patch.

features

    * 6 operators,
    * every algorithm you can think of, including the 32 DX7-algos
    * DX7-like 4-segment envelope generators for index and modulation
      factors,
    * 8 voices default - add more if your box can handle it,
    * virtually unlimited number of save slots
    * 16-step sequencer [no saving here yet]
    * configurable PC-keyboard-keyboard

This patch is my first bigger work, that I did mainly to get familiar
with PD's way of life - so don't be too critical with me...

Of course pdx7 is not finished, I still work on it daily, but I thought
it was time to share now.

Get pdx7 at http://www.fbar.mynetcologne.de/

Have fun,
--