[PD] Doc/6.Externs foo object?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Aug 13 14:30:46 CEST 2001

Rory Walsh wrote:

> Hi list, i was wondering can anyone explain why when i
> open the foo1.pd file from the doc 6.externs directoy
> that pd does not recognize the object? I tried doing a
> make but it siad 'nothing to be done for foo1.c'.

are you sure that the "foo1.dll" exists ?
guessing from the way pd reacts on your "-path $MYPATH" option, it seems
that you are using directory-names with spaces in it. is this true ? if
so, you should try to set the $MYPATH within quotes, like 'pd -path "my
seperated pathname"'
if this doesn_t work either you could try using the pathname the
DOS-prompt gives you (something like "my~1")
if this still doesn't work, you should maybe change to the DOS-prompt,
chdir to the doc/6.externs path and start pd from there

> I am using Win95 does that make a difference?
apart from the fact, that windos-users like to use filenames that
contain spaces, it should be fun (but maybe not "great" fun)

mfg.cdsa.gt
IOhannes