[PD] can one osc~ read several partials?

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Aug 14 11:30:51 CEST 2001

> > > I've never even looked at the square (never used it) and the triangle is
> > > mainly useful for "windowing" stuff...  This raises an interesting
> point,
> > > though... Can you actually hear the difference?  Can anyone?  I've never
> > > made such an experiment but it could be interesting to find out.
>
> I'm not sure, but I think there's no real difference but a different
> amplitude (volume) or amplitude of the partials. I think a comparison of a
> time-frequency representation of the two waveforms could give a 'scientific'

???
what is this ?
am i completely misled, or is the only difference between the discussed
waveforms a scaling factor plus a bias ?
(good signals (-1..+1) * 0.5 + 0.5)
if so, what do you wnat to hear apart from the amplitude-difference ?
maybe the soundcard will playback the 2 waveforms differently, because
normally they can't do well with biases, but as long as you do not hear
0Hz i do not see a chance to make any differences...

mfg.csda.dt
IOhannes