Fw: [PD] local arrays again...

Frank Barknecht frank.barknecht at netcologne.de
Wed Aug 15 09:45:28 CEST 2001

Yves Degoyon* hat gesagt: // Yves Degoyon* wrote:

> Hello, I just submitted this to M Seta & Miller.
> ( i can't post to the list from the office) .
>
> Would you have a look at my problems ?
>
> Yves Degoyon.

You have to put the $1 at the front: $1-bigsample.
$-names only get expanded if they start wih $x.

> and the second issue is to use it in a message like
>
> bigsample-$1 read $1 100
>
> In this case, $1 is the first argument
> incoming in the message
> ( which is a filename in this case ).

In messages $-names get expanded by evaluating the incoming messages. They
have to begin with $ and a number as well. But $1-bigsample in an object
and $1-bigsample in a message can be different!
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______