[PD] pd-0.34test4 build problem

Nick Fells nick at music.gla.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 21:19:12 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 15 Aug 2001 6:52 pm, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:

> the tk.h file belongs to your tcl/tk-dev sources, not to pd.
> 1. did you do a "./configure" before trying to make ? this should set
> anything (i guess)
> 2. if this does not work, you should search for the "tk.h" file in your
> /usr/include path. probably it will be found at /usr/include/tcl-8.3 (or
> something)
> you can then link it into a searched include-path
> (ln -s /usr/include/tcl-8.3/*.h /usr/local/include)
> hope this helps
>
> mfg.ds.t
> IOhannes

Ok, thanks, I already did 1 with no success but then option 2. works (linking
the tk headers into the pd src directory). The configure script appears not
to pick this up, as far as I can see. Here's my configure output...

Nick

---

./configure --enable-rme

gives

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for main in -lX11... no
checking for main in -ldl... yes
checking for main in -lffm... no
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for tcl.h... no
checking for tcl8.1/tcl.h... no
checking for tcl8.2/tcl.h... yes
checking for main in -ltcl8.3... yes
checking for main in -ltk8.3... yes
checking for main in -lpthread... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for tk.h... no
checking for tkstep.h... no
checking for working const... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for socket... yes