[PD] -alsadev flag?

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 21 12:17:28 CEST 2001

>Can someone tell me the argument format needed by the alsadev flag?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nick

I use -alsadev hw:0,0 or hw:0,1 giving the first or second device on the
first card. (start counting at 0)
This is the format for the new alsa 0.9, to directly pick a card, any
card :)
 There are also ways to define names for your audio devices, and I think
even names for groups of devices. This is done using a .alsarc or
something which I don't quite understand.
There is some vague documentation on it in the alsa distribution.

Gerard