[PD] pd 0.34+test5 eats my cpu

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 27 20:25:30 CEST 2001

I just checked, and in 0.34test5, if you just type "./configure" you
don't get C optimization...  could this explain the problem?  Try
"./configure --enable-opt" and see if things get better...

When I do that, the testtone patch eats about 4.6% of my processor (a
P3 550) and when I don't it's more like 8%.  So your patch might have
been eating 70% and gone right over the top without optimization...

Since releasing "test5" I've figured out how to get "configure" to do
optimization by default, so I hope this problem will go away.

cheers
Miller