[PD] help! my patch breaks pd!

Greg Rippin gmr222 at nyu.edu
Wed Aug 29 08:41:08 CEST 2001

Hello Miller and Yves and others,

After reformatting and rebuilding my system (a formidable task when using Windows,
to be sure), my patch loaded without a hitch.  PD seems to be running quite a bit
faster, too (a much bigger improvement than I expected to see, even with a freshly
cleaned system).  There must have been something on my system that either ate up
tons of  memory or conflicted with PD in some way.  Virus scanner, perhaps?

In any case, thank all of you for all of your help.  If this thing still loads
properly in a week, I'll be happy with the conclusion that the problem existed
somewhere in my system outside of pd.

Thanks again,
Greg

--