[PD] [GEM] gem and video ?

Shadi el-Hajj shadi_solaris at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:16:09 CEST 2001

hi yves,

>I've guessed from messages on the list that
>gem can handle video capture and video files.
>I'm not too sure, is that right ??

gem can handle video files as openGL texture maps. I never got the capture
function to work.

>error: GEM: Could not open display ,]
>error: GEM: Error creating const context
>error: GEM: A serious error occured creating const Context
>error: GEM: Do not continue!

i had the same problem on a pc running win2000. it finally turned out to be
an openGL problem: one of the two video cards i was using for dual display
didn't support it. replacing this card with an opengl compatible one solved
it (as did simply deactivating the non-openGL display). GEM is an
interesting package so i hope you can get it to work.

Shadi