[PD] pd speed performance in Windows 98 question?

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Sat Sep 8 23:10:52 CEST 2001

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any tips other than what is in the pd
documentation on how to get more speed out of pd. I'm running a 500 MHz
Celeron processor withWindows 98. When I run with midiin,midiout nosound I
get good timing on midi if I add soundout (dac) I get a lot of jitter and
delay on midiout. What would be the best way to get rid of this. ie. more
RAM?, faster processor ... any thoughts? Thanks!
Jim