[PD] joystick object install

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Sep 10 04:26:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Donna Hewitt wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> It has stopped crashing pd but this is what I get now.
>
> joystick object loaded (J. Sarlo)
> Joystick error: 165

Unfortunately, this isn't one of the error codes that Microsoft claims
joyGetPosEx() should return, so I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I get
this code when I use a USB joystick and don't have it plugged in. I'm not
much of a Windows joystick expert, but it seems like the joystick you're
using isn't being detected properly.  Does it work with other non-DirectX
software?

Joe
--