[PD] thoughts about iemlib

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Mon Sep 10 20:04:46 CEST 2001

OK, the iemlib gui objects are part of pd now ...

Most of you probably think that this is a good thing, and it may well
be, at least for the time being.

I do have some concerns though:
1) it makes several of the ggee externals obsolete
  .. which is probably not that bad because I did not really support them
 for windows, on the other hand, shouldn't the original author be
 mentioned somewhere ?

2) .. and this is more serious, adding more tcl/tk dependent code makes
 it harder to write a more resource friedly GUI for pd, like Karls gtk
 gui. I think one of the reasons Karl abandoned his gui project is
 because pd isn't really portable in this respect, and because he
 realized that emuating tcl/tk for that matter isn't the way to go.

Well my two cents, paranoia everywhere ...

Guenter