[PD] Compiling NT test on Visual C++ 6.0

andy chen andychen at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Sep 16 05:41:54 CEST 2001

Hello,

yes.  another compiling problem for the list.

i found this message in the archive and am having the exact same diffficulties.  i could not find a response to his question.  can anyone help?

thanks,

andy

_____________
Just trying to compile for NT the externals objects included on
the documentation with VC++ 6.0. I modified some paths of the
makefile (see below), but still having an error when typing:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin>nmake -f c:\pd\doc\6.externs\m
akefile pd_nt
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'foo1.dll'
Stop.

Sorry, any help?

Ricardo.
# ----------------------- NT -----------------------

pd_nt: foo1.dll foo2.dll dspobj~.dll

.SUFFIXES: .dll

PDNTCFLAGS = /W3 /WX /DNT /DPD /nologo
VC="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vc98"

PDNTINCLUDE = /I. /I\tcl\include /I C:\pd\src /I$(VC)\include

PDNTLDIR = $(VC)\lib
PDNTLIB = $(PDNTLDIR)\libc.lib \
        $(PDNTLDIR)\oldnames.lib \
        $(PDNTLDIR)\kernel32.lib \
        C:\pd\bin\pd.lib

.c.dll:
        cl $(PDNTCFLAGS) $(PDNTINCLUDE) /c $*.c
        link /dll /export:$*_setup $*.obj $(PDNTLIB)