[PD] Help PD crashing !

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu Sep 20 15:19:31 CEST 2001

rat at telecoma.net wrote:

> > i do not know, but i experienced "crashy" behaviour, when saving patches
> > with open subpatches under linux.
> > does anybody encountered the same problem ?
>
> i do not use gripd but had never (?) a crash in pd with open subpatches
> while saving (anyway mostly using it with gem - so noaudio) even during
> a performing patch it was always super stable at my side.
>
> cheers
>
> erich

urps, i think i have explained it somehow wrongly:
when i save a patch that contains open sub-patches (no abstraction
(*.pd-file) and not necessarily containing ~objects) there are no
problems.
then i close pd.
then i open pd.
when i reopen the patch, pd crashes (while trying to pop up the
sub-patch, i think)

when i save a patch containing closed sub-patches, i have no problems at
all. so i can then open my sub-patches...

the behaviour is not related to Gem/GriPD (i don't have gripd installed
on my home box, and i use Gem only on demand)
but anyhow, i do a lot of hacking around in the pd-code, so maybe this
behaviour is related only to my private version of pd.

mfg.cdas.sdft
IOhannes