[PD] [devel] why _exit?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 25 05:40:30 CEST 2001

Hi Krzysztof,

It's _exit() because exit() appears to close all files before bailing,
and close() on some audio and/or MIDI devices in Linux has hung up pd.
I don't remember which devices can't close() but it should be considered
a bug in the driver.  So in principle, if that's working correctly now,
I could use exit(), but I don't know how to check this...!

cheers
Miller