[PD] writing pd object in cpp

Mark Danks mdanks at Stormfront.com
Thu Oct 4 17:48:52 CEST 2001

  All of GEM is written in C++.  If you look at some of the base classes
(CPPExtern for example), you should see some good examples of how to make it
work.  It is pretty straightforward to get going.

Later, Mark

============================
= mdanks at stormfront.com
= Technical Director PS2
= http://www.danks.org/mark
============================

-----Original Message-----
From: andychen5018 [mailto:andychen5018 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:39 PM
To: pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at
Subject: [PD] writing pd object in cpp

Hi, everyone,

I am Andy.  I have a project involving writing a pd object that acts as an
interface to the touchpad driver.  Basically the idea is to get coordinate
data from touchpad and use it to create a better interface for pd.  My
touchpad is Synaptics, and it's device driver and API is open source and
written in C++.   So I am thinking that I will write the source file for my
pd object in C++, because touchpad driver is in C++.  But i am having all
sort of problem just to get it compiled.  Can someone please help?

Andy Chen