[PD] GEM & matrox 450 dual head setup

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 6 17:44:29 CEST 2001

vanDongen/Gilcher wrote:

> Has anybody worked with gem on a dual headed system with a
> matrox 450. I would like to use one monitor exclusively for
> the gem rendering.

Excerpt from the "DRI User Guide", concerning the G450
( http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/DRIuserguide.html ):
"It should be noted that currently the second head does not
support direct rendering."

The second monitor should be used for your PD patch and the
first for GEM.  But you can't use Xinerama since it would
disable DRI on both monitors.  So the X desktop should run
on the second monitor and GEM should open it's screen on the
first monitor which support DRI.  But how?

Marc