[PD] Midi notes.....analysis?

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 11:12:14 CEST 2001

Hi list, how about a little early morning teaser to
get the heads going! How do I separate midi notes as I
play them into pd? Say for example I want to analyse
the notes of a chord? With route I can output all the
notes of the chord to my pd window, so i figured if I
use this with unpack that this will work, but
unfortunately it only seems to work when messages
containing one or more numbers are sent to it. I
figure it doesn't like midi notes because they are
sent sequentially. I can think of some rather time
consuming ways to do this with counters and timers,
but is there an easier way? Cheers!

ROry.