[PD] Any interest in a pre-alpha scheme external

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Tue Oct 23 16:24:34 CEST 2001

Larry Troxler wrote:
> Some time ago, I wrote about how I was integrating Scheme In One
> Defun/Day into PD [...]
> The main problem of course, is when to do garbage collection, and I
> don't think this can be easily solved. [...]

Does SIOD still use the BDW Conservative Collector? If so, and if my
memory serves me, there is a patch to that collector to make it operate
incrementally. This will at least make it deterministic, although much
slower to allocate. It's probably worth looking into. It may even solve
some as yet unfound bugs in the rest of Pd...

(jfm3)