[PD] PD on a laptop??

eliselaptop e.chohan at uea.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 01:57:24 CEST 2001

I'm also running PD on a laptop, but does anyone ever get any interference
when the power supply is connected?

It doesn't occur if I plug straight from phones socket to an amplifier, but
I've recently started using a little mixer.  When I'm plugged into this, and
my power supply is connected, I get pretty bad interference noise, which
only stops when I unplug the power to my laptop.  I've tried plugging it
into different wall sockets, even on different fuses, and also making sure
none of the wires cross over, but to no avail.  The drawback to this is that
I can only work closely on sound for as long as the battery lasts!

I have a Dell Inspiron 2500.

Also, does anyone run a duel boot Linux / Windows on a laptop for PD - I am
considering it simply to have access to the different externals available (I
have only very basic Linux knowledge, with a friend offering to set this up
if I decide it's worth it!)

Many thanks,
Elise.