[PD] PD on a laptop??

marco trevisani marco at ccrma.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 24 20:38:23 CEST 2001

On  Wednesday, 24 October 2001 11:53:17 Michal Seta wrote:
> On 10/24/01 6:03 AM, pix @ pix at test.at wrote:
>

> > i think i later concluded that it was more of a problem with the other
> > devices i had plugged into the mixer... (a desktop pc with notorious
> > earthing-problems)
>

> I think I am an owner of such a desktop.  As I'm not much of a hw guy, any
> ideas for correcting this ?

a stupid tip, which is actually the first thing to try in case you havent yet.
Plug computer, mixer, amplifier in the same eletrcic outlet, even better get one
of those extensions with six or more plugs and and place everything there
(computer mixer amplifier). that should avoid some extra noise, if it is just an
electrical problem.

	ciao,
	marco

     marco trevisani   (to get the real email address take out "__")
email________________:  m__arco at ccrma.sta__nford.edu
Web________________:  http://trevisani.mine.nu
     DeMuDi -- Debian Multimedia Distribution
demudi email_________:  m__arco at dem__udi.org
demudi web__________:  http://www.demudi.org
     Digital Arts Festivals. Calls and reports <--NEW!!
D-Festival Web______:  http://festivals.webhop.org