[PD] gem on linux, with voodoo2 card

Bastien Baltazar pd at smeuh.org
Sat Oct 27 18:55:58 CEST 2001

	Hello, I'm a new beginner on pd, and gem, too.

		I make pd working with sound, and installed succesfully the gem library. A use a voodoo2, with 3dfx, mesa and glut drivers, in order to have a separated video output. The problem is that gem try to use Xfree4 glx drivers, based on a matrox g250, and doesnt work (when I click on the create box, pd returns "error: GEM: Unable to create single buffer window")

		If I switch off drx extensions in the XF86Config, pd return that there is no glx extentions available. I read in the faq that gem can work with voodoo2. voodoo2 pci don't work on glx !
	Maybe somebody tested similar configuration and can give informations about this.

		Regards.

--
Bastien Baltazar
bastien at smeuh.org