[PD] track track track

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Oct 29 16:24:36 CET 2001

Wolfgang Schwarzenbrunner wrote:

> does anybody know if there is something like a realtime motion or color
> tracking software (like bigeye) for pc which gives out midi signals?
>
> i would be really happy if some genius programmer could compile such an object
> for gem.

Michael Droetboom's SOLVE-External does have motion- and colour-tracking
algorithms implemented.
it will give you the coordinates of the center of gravity (motion,
colour-blob) as x/y-coordinates between 0..1.

SOLVE is linux-only and quite unstable (at least, with  my capture-card)

as soon as i have time, i will implement the algorithms for GEM (which
will not take a genius programmer)

do you need it very soon ? i planned to do it in the next few weeks....

mfg.cs.asdf
IOhannes