[PD] DMX

Bo.T tim at timesup.org
Tue Oct 30 12:21:34 CET 2001

Peter Lunden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to control light using DMX from PD. Has anybody done some work on
> controling DMX gears from PD? Im thinking of using Dmx4Linux and write a
> DMX primitive for PD.
>
> --PLu

We have used the LANbox device. it can be controlled vis midi,
serial and appletalk, and seems pretty good in it's behaviour.

I almost wrote a little external to make the control stuff do the right
thing,
but then I had to move over to Max for some other reason and
never got it finished in PD. But the serial control is all very simple,
as far as I remember, and the midi control is even simpler:
send it note-on messages with the desired level divided
by 2 (DMX has 8 bits, not 7) in the velocity. easy.

 http://www.lanbox.com/

chrz,

tm

--