[PD] best method for non fft spitch shiting

nullpointer nullpointer at odessadesign.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 23:11:05 CET 2001

Hi all,

THis is slightly off topic but the algo should hold the same for both a pd
patch and a stand alone implementation.. I asked on music-dsp but no-one
knew (or could be bothered to answer).

What is your reccomendation for the best method of implementing a non fft
style delayline based pitchshifter/harmoniser in dsp. I have set up two
readpoints 50% offset from each other and crossfading at the end and
beginning of the line as an attempt to eliminate discontinuities and
transients but i still get cips and flicker at the frequency of the delay
buffer size...I understand that it is impossible to get a perfect shifter
using this method but i am sure there must be methods to improve it?

Tom
http://www.nullpointer.co.uk
http://www.dividebyzero.org
http://www.orphanrecords.co.uk
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
C:\REM [Header]
C:\>
C:\>PATH=C:\PERL\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;\C:jdk1.2.2\bin

(all suffixes enabled)