[PD] best method for non fft spitch shiting

pix pix at test.at
Tue Oct 30 23:28:39 CET 2001

maybe i'm stating the obvious, but the method you describe is implemented
in
.../3.audio.examples/56.delay.pitchshift.pd

and then it depends what you mean by clips and flicker... the only realy
artifact present in this kind of pitch shifter is a kind of echo effect
when there are audible sound events that are smaller than the window.

you can always use more than two tap points to smooth out the echo (by
effectively making the echo frequency high enough so that you dont hear
the discrete events... but something more like reverb).

pix.