[PD] "serial" command

Mark Newman newman at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 2 19:22:22 CET 2001

If you happen to be using this comport object in Win2K, and you want to READ
from the serial port, I had to make a minor change to the source code in
order for it to work for me. In particular I had to open the port in
non-overlapped mode, instead of overlapped mode which is how the original
works. I'm not sure if this is the right long-term solution for all Win32
platforms and I doubt I'll have the time and initiative to test it on any
other platforms, but if you try this out and run into problems, I'd be glad
to see if I can help.

--mark