[PD] compiling example extern

Greg Rippin gmr222 at nyu.edu
Sat Nov 3 19:09:05 CET 2001

Hello everyone,

I'm getting into creating pd externals on Win98 using visual C++ 6.0.
I've started with the howto paper on the IEM site, and I'm having
trouble building the first "hello world" example.  I receive terror
C2664: 'class_new' : cannot convert parameter 6 from 'const int' to
't_atomtype'.  I believe this is referring to the "0" that terminates
the list of object arguments.

I suspect that I may have to change the code (originally for Linux, I
think) a bit to compile correctly on windows. .. Can anyone suggest
anywhere to start?

Thanks,
Greg

--