[PD] whoami (not)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 3 20:54:53 CET 2001

Hi all,

Well, here I am finally finishing June up...

This is a funny situation, where Pd's internal state (the current arguments
to the "unknown" object) fight with an attempt to build a patch from a message
box.  I think there is much work to do to get this working properly,
but anyway, I think it's not a really important feature.  If people _do_
want to make patches that build patches, the most robust way is to use the
"textfile" object to build the patch and then load it from the filesystem.

For people wanting to add objects to patches and connect/disconnect them
by messages, I'm planning someday to make a "select-region" message to
a Pd so that if you know where an object is on the screen you can select
and delete it.

But there's much more urgent stuff I want to get to first...

cheers
Miller