[PD] Problem with translateXYZ (gem_linux)

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Nov 6 22:37:18 CET 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Linium wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With Z negative (below -17) any geos will suddenlly disappear instead of
> getting more and more smaller.
>
> I would be pleased to know if it is normal/a bug/a misunderstanding of me, etc.

This is just perfect behaviour.
With OpenGL you can define "how far" you can see and all that is farer
away will not be rendered (and therefore disappear suddenly)
(i think) you can change this horizon (blamee, i am inventing terms, that
are surely not openGL-conform; still, i hope you get the idea..) with the
"view" message to the gemwin-object.
you should send a message to the gemwin like:
"view 4 0 0 -100 0 0 1 0 0"
hopefully this will enlarge your horizon to -100 instead of -17. but i
have no clear idea how it really works right now (without any code at
hand and my  documentation being bad too)
anyhow, this is the right path to follow if you are looking for a
solution...

mfg.csda.df
IOhannes