[PD] Patch load path

Ludde peter.lunden at interactiveinstitute.se
Wed Nov 7 11:30:19 CET 2001

Dear list members,

I think there is a problem with the load path of patches in PD. I have a
situation where there is patches in a library and in the startup
directory.
Now I like to override some patch in the library by adding a modified
version of it in the startup directory. I think this should be a rather
good idea but
PD does not handle the situation as I would like. If you try to override
a patch that is includen in another patch in the library then PD will
open the one from the library and not from the startup directory as I
would like. How can you tell PD to first look in the startup directory?
I have tried to solve the problem without success by using the -path in
the starup command. How can this problem be solve? What do others think
about the search order?

Best regards,
Peter Lunden