[PD] [Gem] gem-0.84 load problem

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Nov 7 19:44:21 CET 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Bill Sack wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i am trying to upgrade from Gem 0.81 to 0.84. i got gem-0.84-6.tar.gz
> from guenter's ftp, and it ./config'd and compiled without complaint.
> when i start it, this error appears:
>
> /home/bsack/pd/Gem.pd_linux: /home/bsack/pd/Gem.pd_linux: undefined
> symbol: pTargetSize
> /home/bsack/pd/Gem: can't load library
>
> i'm using pd 0.34 and RedHat 6.2.
>
> gem 0.81 works with this configuration.

The missing symbol is in the particle library. Make sure you have
src/AuxLibs/particle/libparticle.a ...
the configure script should detect if this library is missing, at least it
does so on my system .. so I do not really have an idea what went wrong.
Probably you have a second, non compatible libparticle somewher in
/usr/lib ...
you can look at the link line of gem, which should show a -lparticle flag

Guenter