[PD] performance patches, musical interests [OT?]

Josh Whiting jwhiting at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 7 20:07:40 CET 2001

hi all

I was wondering if either there are any websites, ftps, or if anyone on the list has any patches that function as performance environments they'd be willing to share.  I am looking for anything that is along the lines of the contemporary "laptop performer," many of whom often using Max/msp.  I am developing my own patches but they are in their beginning phases, though i have had some very interesting results, and i'd be happy to share them though they aren't so impressive.

I am also interested in the musical/aesthetic interests of the people involved on this list and using PD in general.  What kind of music are you making?  How does PD or other software fit into that process?  Personally, what inspired me to get into PD was listening to composers like Nobukazu Takemura, who makes really beautiful compositions in very creative ways with digital media like max (or PD in our case...), and I am *trying* to use PD as a total performance environment, though I imagine I'll end up using other applications simultaneously i.e. Logic audio, CSound, Reaktor (if you haven't heard of Reaktor, check it out at nativeinstruments.com, its a lot like PD and Max but more synthesizer-based, and it is commercial and there is no linux version).

This may begin an OT thread but its really interesting, imho...

peace
josh w.
jsw98 at hampshire.edu