[PD] tcp/ip stream - ogg vorbis

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 8 00:17:43 CET 2001

smoerk wrote:

> do you have an example? i'm not sure why it's good to use cstream.

Create 2 fifos:
mkfifo /tmp/fifo1; mkfifo /tmp/fifo2

Use cstream to replicate the stream written to the first fifo:

cstream -i /tmp/fifo1 -I f -o /tmp/fifo2 -O f
This is to ensure pipeio and the encoder grabbing the stream from
the second fifo won't quit if the stream is interrupted. This
cstream command must be issued first (before pd and the encoder).

I'm not sure about all the details, you have to experiment yourself.
Cstream is a wonderful tool and can also deal with network streams.

Marc