[PD] GEM and the world (oh yeah, and me...)

Mark Danks mdanks at Stormfront.com
Thu Nov 8 01:57:53 CET 2001

Hi everyone,

  As most of you are probably aware, I haven't been too active with GEM
recently.  Between my daughter, work, and generally trying to have a life,
GEM has not been able to rise too high in my queue of "stuff to do".  This
is one reason why Johannes start GemPlus, since he had some really cool
features which I never got around to integrating into the main source.

  Soooo, after having worked on GEM for over 5 years now, I am "passing the
torch."  Officially it is getting passed off to IEM, but in reality Johannes
(zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at) is going to become the new maintainer/owner/GEM
guy.  We are in the process of getting the website transfered, as well as
the source code archives, etc, so it will happen slowly over the next few
weeks.

  This doesn't mean that I am dropping off the face of the earth and I will
continue lurk around the mailing list, but I felt that I wasn't being fair
to the users, nor to GEM itself, if I kept trying to pretend that I had the
time to work on it :-)

  I hope that everyone continues to have as much fun with GEM as I have had
creating it!

Later, Mark

= mdanks at stormfront.com
= Technical Director PS2/XBox