[PD] performance patches, musical interests [OT?]

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Fri Nov 9 01:38:49 CET 2001

Le Wed, 07 Nov 2001, Josh Whiting a écrit :>
> hi all

I was wondering if either there are any websites, ftps, or if anyone on the
list has any patches that function as performance environments they'd be
willing to share.  I am looking for anything that is along the lines of the
contemporary "laptop performer," many of whom often using Max/msp.  I am
developing my own patches but they are in their beginning phases, though i have
had some very interesting results, and i'd be happy to share them though they
aren't so impressive. >

Check www.pure-data.org there are a good number of links, but i don't think
that there are much patchs that function as "performance environments".
That would be a good idea to define some goals, and start a common project to
build such thing. What do you miss the most ?

> I am  also interested in the musical/aesthetic interests of the people
involved on this list and using PD in general.  What kind of music are you
making?  How does PD or other software fit into that process?  Personally, what

I am trying to do electronica stuff, but I like all sort of music.
Now, I am wondering about using Gem for live performance, but it is a fair
amount of thinking.

Linium