[PD] Patch load path

joker mscherzinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 9 12:44:31 CET 2001

> anyhow, you can force a patch to be loaded (even if an external of the
> same name exists), by giving (sufficient parts of) its path:
> pe  "./abs" will load an abstraction abs.pd in the current directory,
> although the function "abs" is built into pd

Hi,
I cannot really follow this.When I try (in the windows-version and Win98SE)
to open a patch with the message

"pd open subpatch.pd ./"

,the subpatch is only opened when it is in the APPLICATION-directory (i.e.
/bin),but not,when it is in the same directory as the patch,which contains
the message,although this directory is is defined with "-path".
Sending the message with an absolute path,works fine.
What's wrong ?

Michael