[PD] performance patches, musical interests [OT?]

Damien HENRY damien_henry at libertysurf.fr
Sat Nov 10 04:21:30 CET 2001

Le Mercredi  7 Novembre 2001 14:07, Josh Whiting a écrit :
> hi all
>
> I was wondering if either there are any websites, ftps, or if anyone on the
> list has any patches that function as performance environments they'd be
> willing to share.

Yep. I've got many patch to share but this is not easy today due to some
technical reason :

1) My patch use some patch that use other patch etc....
This mean that you'll need 10 diferent folder full of patch to run only one...
And write a 10 line .pdrc file.

2) I use many different libs that you must install to get them work.

3) I'm using specific analog controler (joystick, fader, pot, light,
pressure) that is not easy to emulate in a patch.

For sharing things, we have a fantastic tool :

http://iem.kug.ac.at/pdwiki/

If some of you agree,we can define some pd "must have" :
For me it's :
ggee
all iemlib
zexy
gem ?

And then write some patch than can run with only the "must have" libs with no
needs of specials interfaces. But we still need a tool to find all patchs
inculed directly or indirectly in way and put them into only one folder.

Is it possible to modifiy the pd code to allow pd to say witch objects are
used in a patch ?

By the way, what is the size of the bigest size are we alowed to put on
pdwiki  ?

Damien.