[PD] looking for higher order filter / iemlib questions

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Nov 16 04:56:50 CET 2001

Hi - looking for a higher order filter than lop~.
I see that there is a filter~ object in iemlib, but are there others?

Also, concerning iemlib, I am a little confused because it seems that
some, but not all, of these objects (the graphics ones, for example)
have been incorporated into the core PD (like bng, vu, etc.). But others
aren't, like for++ and filter~.

What does this mean concerning iemlib? Is it still suggested to build
iemlib and load it as a library? If so, what happens to the objects that
seem to have been already moved into the base PD? Will this cause
conflicts?

Also, assuming that answer is that yes, I should use iemlib: does the Tk
replacement procedure suggested in the readme (which, BTW, is missing
from the iemlib tarball, but only available seperately - shouldn't this
be put in the iemlib tarball as well?) apply to the present and future
versions of PD, or only to the PD-0.32 version mentioned in the readme?

Thanks in advance

Larry Troxler