[PD] looking for higher order filter / iemlib questions

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Nov 16 18:40:04 CET 2001

Larry Troxler wrote:

> Hi - looking for a higher order filter than lop~.
> I see that there is a filter~ object in iemlib, but are there others?
>
> Also, concerning iemlib, I am a little confused because it seems that
> some, but not all, of these objects (the graphics ones, for example)
> have been incorporated into the core PD (like bng, vu, etc.). But others
> aren't, like for++ and filter~.
>
> What does this mean concerning iemlib? Is it still suggested to build
> iemlib and load it as a library? If so, what happens to the objects that
> seem to have been already moved into the base PD? Will this cause
> conflicts?

When building iemlib, you get various libraries (iemlib1, iemlib2,
iemgui, iem_t3lib or similar). only the iemgui-library has been
incorporated into pd.
so, if you need non-gui objects from iemlib, you should build it and use
it...
however, the new version of iemlib (which, maybe, isn't yet released),
has now excluded the gui-objects that are now part of pd (but has some
new ones)

mfg.cd.asf
IOhannes