[PD] pd + scalars:: bug (fix)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 16 21:56:27 CET 2001

Hi all,

I want to try to fix the underlying bug as part of a major overhaul of
the "data" business.  If I can get this cooking it might make a lot of
issues moot, like the one mentioned here.

I'm hoping to replace the "scalar" feature with something much more powerful,
essentially allowing abstractions to show part of themselves as a panel in
the parent.

IOhannes's other question, how to use "namecanves" to generate templates
that are private to an _instance_ of an abstraction, is something I've
never considered.  I eventually want to stop having templates go through
the canvas's symbol binding (it's inefficient) and this will mean changing
how "set", etc., look up templates.  So I'm hoping to get rid of the whole
"pd-" prefix problem that way...

cheers
Miller